With the sunny season approaching several of our customers have been asking advise on boarding and suitable care for their pets when they go away.
There are now lots of options as to what you can do with your pets while you are away on holiday.
• Boarding Kennels
• Pet Sitting
• Home Boarding
• Dogs stays with family and attends a crèche during the day
• Or take them with you!
People are always weary and concerned about leaving their pets and quite rightly so.
It is important when choosing that you consider the following:
• Always go and have a look round first make sure you are happy with the facility and also the staff, as these are the people who will be looking after your pet.
• Check they have a valid boarding license (Kennels, home boarding and crèches require then)
• Check they are fully insured
• Make sure they are conforming to the license and insurance conditions as if they are not they may be putting your pets as risk and their insurance may not be valid if conditions are breached
• Make sure anyone coming to sit at your home is CRB checked
• Home boarding should not have kennels or crates as you are paying for the luxury of your dog being in the comfort of a home environment.
• The number of dogs allowed on the license is not being exceeded.
• If you are leaving your pet in a boarding establishment of any kind you will need to make sure vaccinations are up to date and also your dog has been vaccinated against kennel cough.
Licenses are there to protect the safety and welfare of your pet. You can check your local council’s license conditions by contacting the council.