Thursday 17 June 2010

Happy First Birthday WaggaWuffins

We are coming up to our 12 months anniversary soon and I will also have finished my degree about the same time!

It’s been a chaotic year, stressful, exciting, tiring, educational and scary. Lots of people have been supportive and helpful. I have met some lovely people and their dogs and made many new friends.

It’s nice to see how the WaggaWuffins has grown out of Elton Dog Club. It’s not been easy, but I wouldn’t change it for the world! I’m one of those few people who love change and moving forwards so I know Wagga-Wuffins will never get stuck in a rut and I love the challenges it brings me.

We now have 18 classes a week and struggle to accommodate everyone. The daycare started only 3 months ago and is picking up nicely and we have some wonderful dogs, it is certainly the best job in the world.

We also are becoming an educational base for other instructors who come to us to develop their skills and knowledge and pick up some tips. We’ve had dog trainers attend courses at Wagga-Wuffins from Bolton, Rossendale, Swinton and even as far as East Yorkshire.

It is also nice to see my own trainers continually develop and improve themselves, they have all achieved great things over the last year and I’m very proud of them.

My Plans for the next 12 months are starting a 2 year top up BSc in Canine Behaviour and Training and a new Puppy. Plans for the centre are more events and instructor courses along with the continual improvement and development of our current courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment