Wednesday 30 June 2010

Last Block Week and Sunshine and Success at Blackpool

I had my last block week at college last week, My Mum, Matt, Jayne and Stewart looked after WaggaWuffins for me. Thanks Guys!
We had some lectures at college and also got to spend time in the lab analysing dog food! It was really interesting and a bit scary, we had to break down the food and find the ash, protein, fat, fibre contents and calorific value. Then compare to what it said on the packet. I had Hills T/D.
The weather was lovely and most of us were staying at Robeanne, so we had a good laugh in the evening together, it was more like a holiday than college. We had to do a presentation on the Thursday for the Psycho Pharmacology module and we all passed that, it was the last practical assessment to do! I have 2 assignments to complete and then I have finished. We get our results in September and Graduate at Beverley Minster in November. I have received provisional offer of a place on the Bsc in Canine Behaviour and Training 2 year top up too.

Sunday was Blackpool Champ Show and it was very hot, I took Snoopy and Dinky. It was Dinky's first show in 3 years and Matt had a go at handling her something he has never done before, Matt did a great job but Dinky didn’t get placed.


Snoopy however won a strong Open Dog Class and took the Dog Challenge Certificate. We were very pleased and I think I got my showing bug back!! Snoopy has 2 Reserve CC's but this is first CC, two more and he gets the title of Champion, I will certainly be chasing those now!


Jayne entered Jed her Swedish Vallhund in post graduate dog and he got a 2nd place which means he has qualified to compete at Crufts 2011.

Well done Jayne and Jed!

We should have more show results from our friday ringcraft class dogs as two of them have their first shows in August and September.

No comments:

Post a Comment