Sunday 17 April 2011

A long awaited update !

Well thought I’d better write a blog, it’s been a while! We have regular updates and photos on our facebook page the link is http://www.facebook.com/pages/WaggaWuffins/123960610972841


Firstly Matt took his Grade Three Gundog Test with Teal his Springer Spaniel at Leaming Bar and Passed with Distinction! Well done Matt, Grade 4 to work towards now!

We had Bronze Good Citizen Tests on Saturday and 8 dogs passed! Photos on our facebook page, well done to their owners!

College has been weird since Pauline left, we have had little support, haven’t even seen or spoke to the new course manager! Plodding through but very unmotivated by it all. It’s not a course I would recommend to people at the moment in its current state!

On the bright side we have had Helen coming to train Clicker again and we have her booked for the rest of the year and all places are taken, we have a really good bunch of clicker mad, like minded positive trainers from all over the UK!!

Helen came up for the whole weekend last time and myself and Gillian had a CAP Assessor training day on the Saturday. We are both training to be CAP Assessors, we have assignments to do and also observed assessing. We are also doing the LADs Teaching Diploma which I’m really excited about, there is a lot of work involved and it’s very much about teaching people.
Once this is all completed I will be able to run CAP Courses at WaggaWuffins! How cool is that?

On the Saturday evening I had a good chat with Helen about my dissertation and she gave me lot things to think about and got me really motivated to do it! I’ve also booked 3 weeks gundog training with Helen over the year with Pickles!

Me and Matt took Snoopy and Teal for a photo shoot a few weeks back and last week me and Dinky were doing a film shoot for a short film called Fetch!

Classes are ticking along nicely and so are the workshops, we plan to do these on a regular basis now. We have PreSports Puppy for dogs under 12 months and Clicker Free Shaping workshops in May. We have had some really good feedback from the workshops!

That’s all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment